9 September 2020
The makeup of the planetary science community does not reflect the full diversity of the United States, and in particular Black/African American, Indigenous, and Latinx communities are heavily underrepresented relative to the US labor force population (
31 August 2020
Nadine Gail Barlow passed away on August 17, 2020.
14 August 2020
14 August 2020 The Division for Planetary Sciences (DPS) of the American Astronomical Society (AAS) has named its prize winners for 2020.
2 August 2020
It is my pleasure to announce the results of the 2020 DPS elections. The turnout this year was outstanding as over 45% of the membership voted in this election, topping last year’s record turnout of 41%. Thank you to the DPS membership for your strong participation.
27 July 2020
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our colleague Michael I. Mishchenko. Dr.
1 June 2020
The final report from the 2020 DPS Membership Survey, which also serves as the 2020 Planetary Workforce Survey sponsored by the DPS, will be out this Fall. However, in order to help with preparation of white papers on Workforce issues, preliminary results are now available below. The preliminary
20 May 2020
In light of the COVID-19 situation, the 2020 EPSC meeting, originally planned for Granada Spain, will be held in a virtual format (
Upcoming Deadlines & Reminders
- 26 Sep 2020 -- International Observe the Moon Night
- 05 Oct 2020 -- Registration deadline for #DPS2020 presenters
- 05 Oct 2020 -- Application deadline for the Underrepresented Minority Communities in Planetary Science Travel Grant for #DPS2020
- 09 Oct 2020 -- #DPS2020 deadline for uploading of pre-recorded talks and iPosters
- 19 Oct 2020 -- #DPS2020 pre-recorded talks and iPosters available for viewing by meeting registrants
- 25 Oct 2020 -- #DPS2020 Student and Early Career Reception
- 26-30 Oct 2020 -- #DPS2020
- 30 Oct 2020 -- #DPS2020 final registration deadline