MESSAGE FROM THE DPS LEADERSHIP
The horrific events of the last few days, including the killings of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor, the long history of violence inflicted on Black people, and the pain caused to Black members of the planetary science community, are intolerable. Systemic racism is in fundamental opposition to human decency and the core values of the AAS’s Division for Planetary Sciences (DPS). The DPS strives to be a supportive, equitable, and inclusive home for the greater planetary science community. We affirm our commitment to the principle that Black lives matter and to building a professional society that is safe, welcoming, and will not tolerate racism on any basis. The DPS leadership is here to stand with and support our community; we must do the work to create a better future. The DPS PCCS has created a living list of actions that we and our members can take to make our community more equitable https://dps.aas.org/Inclusivity.
Upcoming Deadlines & Reminders
- 31 July 2020 -- Deadline to vote in DPS Elections
- 01 Aug 2020 -- Second deadline for DPS Education and Outreach Grants
- 05 Aug 2020 -- Deadline for DPS 52 Splinter & Town Hall proposals
- Extended Indefinitely -- Deadline for DPS 52 Workshop proposals
- Extended Indefinitely -- Deadline to apply for DPS 52 Hartmann Student Travel Grants