For the Media
- Oct 26, 2020 Press Release: Claudia J. Alexander Prize Will Honor Achievements By Mid-Career Planetary Scientists
- Aug 14, 2020 Press Release: DPS Announces 2020 Prize Winners
- May 30, 2019 Press Release: DPS Announces 2019 Prize Winners
- Aug 15, 2019 Press Release: New "Gold Open Access" Planetary Science Journal Launched by American Astronomical Society & DIvision for Planetary Sciences
Releases to the media are distibuted to the media by the DPS Press Officer through the Press Office of the American Astronimical Society, and hence must adhere to the guidelines. Here is some information that may be useful as your prepare your release.
Traditionally media releases have been issued during the annual meetings as part of media briefings. Results presented at the annual conference are embargoed until the time of the presentation.
You are welcome to contact the DPS Press Officer at any time you may have a science story or results deemed worthy of sharing with the public through the media.
- AAS guide for preparing a media release
- A sample media release recently disseminated through the AAS Press Office