The DPS has created a new fund to support underrepresented minority communities in planetary science. Funds from this account will be used to build partnerships between the DPS and national organizations, such as the National Society of Black Physicists (NSBP), and to enhance participation of underrepresented minority scientists at the annual DPS conference. The DPS Committee will work with our new partners to determine how the money will be distributed. The fund has been seeded by an initial contribution of $10,000 from DPS funds, and donations are most welcome at this link.
Outside donations to the Fund to Support Underrepresented Minority Communities in Planetary Science are welcome and appreciated. AAS members can contribute directly via the AAS donation Web pages:
- Follow this link and log into your AAS account if not already
- If you lose your place after logging in, return to the contributions page by clicking the DONATE tab near the top of the screen
- Click the DPS tab and enter amount under "Fund to Support Underrepresented Minority Communities in Planetary Science"
- Click the "Add to Cart" button in the bottom right hand corner
- Click "Cart" in the uppermost left hand corner to check out and follow instructions for payment
The AAS will handle the details including acknowledging your contribution for tax purposes. All donations are tax deductible.
You also can contribute to the Fund to Support Underrepresented Minority Communities in Planetary Science by sending a check made out to the American Astronomical Society to:
American Astronomical Society
1667 K Street NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20006
Please note in the memo line of your check that your contribution is to go to the Fund to Support Underrepresented Minority Communities in Planetary Science so that it is credited to the correct account.