The DPS is curating resources for members of the planetary science community affected by the COVID-19 university closures and meeting cancellations. Please contact the DPS Webmaster with any additional resources. Thank you to all who have contributed!
For Job Seekers
- Since opportunities for in-person networking are scarce, here’s a way to help connect job seekers with potential employers. If you’re looking for a job in planetary science or a related discipline, please fill out this form to add your name, contact information, and skill set to this list of folks looking for jobs. Employers, if you’re looking for talented DPS members to hire, please peruse this list. Thanks to Prof. Sarah Hörst for setting up the form and spreadsheet.
- Job seekers and employers are encouraged to browse DPS's job listings and advertise open positions.
For Online Teaching
- AAS's list of curated resources for moving astronomy classes online.
- Spacepod: 100 interviews with planetary scientists, tagged by topic.
- If you are a Subject Matter Expert and willing to give a virtual talk on your area of expertise during this time of COVID-19 induced social-isolation, feel free to volunteer. If you are an educator or just want to check out the inputs go here. Email comments/questions or additional resource links to email@example.com.
- Skype A Scientist is opening up to families now rather than just classrooms. Sign up here.
- CIRTL workshops on transitioning to online teaching, including one for TAs and support staff. There are also pre-recorded versions available at their YouTube channel.
- Compilation of educational resources that are now free due to school closures.
- This English grammar and spell checker is free to use and doesn't require registration