Trillium Technologies in partnership with the SETI Institute at Mt. View California, is looking for an accomplished, enthusiastic, and collaborative individual to lead our US operations. The US Program Director has a key role in shaping and delivering the programs we create with our partner NASA, and other potential partners such as Google Cloud, the Mayo Clinic, and the USGS, to tackle the most interesting and important challenges of our time using AI. These range from detecting and managing wildfires, to creating detailed maps of resources on the Moon, mitigating the effects of global heating, to deploying ML payloads in orbit and applying AI to astronaut health. We are looking for someone just as passionate about machine learning, climate change mitigation and space exploration as we are!
- Create exciting research and deployment programs in AI, space and climate science, and medicine
- Convey our success stories and articulate our ambitions through content and communications for US programs with the support of our able design and UX team
- Cultivate, maintain, and extend our well-established community of partners, academics and stakeholders
- Lead program logistics and operations
- An advanced degree level education in social sciences, science, medicine, technology, or computing.
- A strong track record in program development and management.
- A desire to understand or experience delivering interdisciplinary artificial intelligence and science research from concept to deployment.
- Possess the skills to create or guide the preparation of written content in all its forms: from tweets to research papers
- An ability to get the job done with resourcefulness, flexibility, and efficiency.
- A demonstrable interest in space science and/or machine learning and/or climate mitigation and/or medicine.
- Must be a team player, able to establish and maintain collaborative and positive business relationships across the board.
Applications deadline: Monday, November 8, 2021