The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL), a University Affiliated Research Center, has been developing innovative technologies and solutions for cutting-edge NASA, DoD and intelligence programs for six decades. Our expertise is in space and airborne IR, VIS, UV, and RF instruments, sensors, small satellite technologies, test and calibration, cybersecurity, data visualization and assurance, and ground stations.
SDL is seeking experienced thermal analysts for exciting relevant NASA science projects including the PACE Ocean Color Instrument, Atmospheric Wave Experiment, Near Earth Object Surveyor and Europa camera projects. SDL is seeking a hands-on engineer to work all phases including proposals of space flight programs with an emphasis on thermal design, analysis, and testing state-of-the-art instruments.
· BS in mechanical engineering or related field
· Experience in thermal engineering and analysis
· Proficient in the use of Thermal Desktop and thermal analysis tools
· Must be a US citizen
· MS in mechanical engineering or related field
· Spacecraft / payload thermal analysis experience
· Understanding of space environment
· Experience with thermal vacuum systems and cryogenics
· Experience with Solid Edge
· Familiar in the use of FEMAP for pre- and post-processing of finite element models and knowledge of NASTRAN for structural analysis
At SDL, we take pride in and highly value our employees. SDL offers competitive salaries and a fantastic benefits package, including:
· Flexible work schedules
· Generous annual, sick, and holiday paid leave
· A variety of inexpensive-premium, high-quality health, dental, vision, and life insurance options
· Generous employer retirement contribution (Up to 14.2% of annual gross earnings)
· Discounted USU tuition of 50% for employees and dependents
· Access to USU facilities and USU staff privileges
Instructions to applicants:
Along with the online application, please attach:
1) Cover Letter
Once you’ve completed the initial application, you will receive an e-mail requesting you to complete a video digital interview. For more information, please visit: https://hirevue.secure.force.com/E2Candidate/?lang=en_US
Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of applying.