The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado is seeking a minimum one-year Postdoctoral Research Associate in the field of planetary science. A strong candidate will have experience with several of the following areas: planetary (Mars/Mercury/Moon) data processing and analysis, geologic mapping, research on fluvial/lacustrine processes on Mars, planetary volcanism, martian geochemistry/mineralogy/spectroscopy, field-based planetary analog studies, and/or hydrothermal systems.
• PhD related to planetary science with detailed knowledge of one or more of the following disciplines: planetary geology, interpretation of spacecraft data, and Mars science
• Experience analyzing and processing spacecraft data
• Experience with Geographic Information Systems
• Ability to conduct original research, publish in peer-reviewed journals, and give presentations of research at science conferences
• Preference for knowledge of and experience with: USGS ISIS software, ArcGIS, IDL/ENVI.
Please submit your resume/vitae, list of three references, and a cover letter describing your research background and interest in this position to:
Please contact Brian Hynek ([email protected]) with any inquiries.