Duties: (In collaboration with the PI)
- Analyze data from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Diviner Lunar Radiometer Experiment to assess the compositional, space weathering, and thermophysical properties of the lunar surface.
- Acquire thermal infrared spectra of minerals and mineral mixtures in a simulated lunar environment to enable more quantitative interpretation of Diviner data.
- Collaborate with the PI and Diviner Co-investigators to apply results to analysis of orbital remote sensing data.
- Prepare manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals based on this work.
- Evaluate results within the framework of current understanding of the field, as determined by periodical/literature search.
- Other duties as needed
Please visit Dr. Timothy Glotch to learn more about our department/research.
Visit The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs to learn more about our postdoctoral community.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.