The 2017 election for DPS Vice-Chair and Committee is now open, and will close on July 31st 2017.
To vote, go to the AAS election page. You will need your AAS member login ID (which defaults to your membership number), and your password.
If you have trouble voting on line, the AAS can do a proxy vote and vote on your behalf (send an e-mail to the DPS secretary). You will still get an automated email confirmation and a separate manual email, both with who you voted for and a confirmation number.
You should vote for one of the two candidates for Vice-Chair:
- Reggie Hudson, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Linda Spilker, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
The elected Vice-Chair will begin serving in October 2017 and will become the DPS Chair in October 2018.
You should vote for two of the five candidates for DPS Committee:
- Michele Bannister, Queens University, Belfast
- Terry Hurford, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- David Morrison, NASA Ames Research Center
- Michael “Migo” Mueller, Kapteyn Astronomical Institute, Netherlands
- Padma Yanamandra-Fisher, Space Science Institute
The successful candidates will serve on the Committee for three years after October 2017.
The detailed vitae and position statements for each of the candidates follow. This information is also linked from the main election page and on the DPS ballot page.