The 2016 election for DPS Vice-Chair and Committee is now open, and will close on July 31st 2016.
To vote, go to https://aas.org/vote. You will need your AAS member login ID (which defaults to your membership number), and your password.
If you have trouble voting on line, the AAS can do a proxy vote and vote on your behalf (send an e-mail to email@example.com). You will still get an automated email confirmation and a separate manual email, both with who you voted for and a confirmation number.
You should vote for one of the two candidates for Vice-Chair:
- Catherine B. Olkin, Southwest Research Institute
- Harold Reitsema, Ball Aerospace, Retired
The elected Vice-Chair will begin serving in October 2016 and will become the DPS Chair in October 2017.
You should vote for two of the five candidates for DPS Committee:
- Ashley Davies, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Karl Hibbitts, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
- Catherine Neish, University of Western Ontario
- Britney Schmidt, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Maria Womack, University of South Florida
The successful candidates will serve on the Committee for three years after October 2016.
The detailed vitae and position statements for each of the candidates follow.
This information is also linked from the main election page http://aas.org/vote/