DPS 2008, Ithaca, NY
The meeting will take place at Cornell
University in Ithaca, NY.
Plenary and parallel sessions will be held in the Alice Statler
Auditorium at the
Hotel on Cornell's main campus.
- Posters will be displayed in Barton
Hall Saturday through Tuesday.
- The presentation should fit within a 44" x 44" area. The poster
board spaces are slightly different at each meeting and may be as
large as four feet square.
- Presenters will again have the opportunity to describe their
work in a two-minute overview talk to colleagues at their poster
session, as at last year's meeting in Orlando. Round-robin tours
begin at 4 pm.
- Pre-Conference Poster Printing - We are
offering optional poster pre-printing, delivery, and hanging this
year. Using this service will make traveling easier and will ensure
that your poster is up all week even if you are not there at the
beginning of the meeting. Please be aware that this is not on-site or
last-minute poster printing. The deadline for submission is Wednesday
8 October 2008, 5PM EDT. For complete details, see the Poster Printing page.
- Instructions for Round-Robin Poster Session Chairs can be found by
Oral Presentations: The following computer presentation software will be available for oral presentations:
- OpenOffice 2.4
- PowerPoint 2003
- PowerPoint Viewer 2007
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Keynote 4
- Office 2008 for Mac
- OpenOffice 2.2
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- For oral presentations, we recommend that you include your name and the title of your presentation at the bottom of your slides. This will allow remote participants to know exactly who/what they are seeing via webcast. Please use this powerpoint template or similar.
- Bring a laptop or memory stick to the Speaker Ready Room
(The Dartmouth Room)
to validate and upload your final presentation. The Speaker Ready Room is not intended for editing. The Speaker Ready Room will open at 3:30 p.m. Friday and should remain open while the registration desk is open. NOTE: You will not be allowed to connect your own laptop to the meeting room projectors--you must upload your presentation to the AAS computer system from the Speaker Ready Room. The recommended file name convention is ss.nn_pc_lastname for PC presentations, and ss.nn_mac_lastname for MAC presentations, where ss is the session number and nn is the talk number.
In exchange for volunteering to help a minimum of 16 hours at the
meeting, volunteers will recieve free registration and lunch and
complimentary parking on the days scheduled. To volunteer, fill out
the Volunteer form in either pdf
format or as a Microsoft word
document and return to
Jonathan Joseph (fax:
607-255-5907) by September 19th, 2008.