Deadline: April 1, 2020
Every year the DPS recognizes exceptional achievement in our field. Please consider nominating a respected colleague for one of the annual DPS prizes.
The DPS sponsors five prizes:
- The Gerard P. Kuiper Prize recognizes and honors outstanding contributors to the field of planetary science.
- The Harold C. Urey Prize recognizes and encourages outstanding achievements in planetary research by an early-career scientist.
- The Harold Masursky Award recognizes and honors individuals who have rendered outstanding service to planetary science and exploration through - but not limited to - engineering, managerial, programmatic, editorial, or public service activities.
- The Carl Sagan Medal recognizes and honors outstanding communication by an active planetary scientist to the general public.
- The Jonathan Eberhart Planetary Sciences Journalism Award recognizes and stimulates distinguished popular writing on planetary sciences.
DPS members and the planetary science community-at-large are encouraged to submit nominations for DPS prizes.
A complete nomination submitted by the deadline will be considered by the DPS Prize subcommittee for 3 years (i.e. for this year's award, next year's award, and the year after that), or for the duration of a candidate's eligibility, whichever is less. Please fill out the nomination form, and it will be submitted to the prize subcommittee. The Eberhart Award has different rules and procedures than the other DPS Prizes, please see its page for more information.
Scroll to the bottom of https://dps.aas.org/prizes for rules and procedures.
Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org