Application deadline for the 2016 meeting in Pasadena, CA is 11:59PM EDT Friday, July 8, 2016. Late applications cannot be accepted.
Starting with a generous contribution from William K. Hartmann, followed by member contributions and matching funds from the DPS Committee, a limited number of student travel grants are made available to assist toward participating at the annual DPS meeting.
Travel grants are primarily intended for students, but post-doctoral scientists without other means of support will also be considered. Travel grants rarely exceed a few hundred dollars and are intended to provide a supplement that makes the difference on whether or not the person is able to attend the annual meeting. In some cases the travel grant may be requested to cover the meeting registration fee. Preference is given to students who have not received a Travel Grant in the past.
Students applying for a Hartmann Student Travel Grant are asked to supply the items below. Maximum page limit for an application is 5 pages total and must be transmitted as a single PDF file.
- A copy of your meeting abstract. Both oral and poster papers are eligible.
- A letter from the student, stating:
- Your educational institution, the degree you are seeking (e.g. Master's or Ph.D) and the likely date of completion. For postdocs, give the institution and date your degree was awarded.
- Name and email address of your faculty advisor.
- Your specific request. How much money are you requesting and what expense would this allow you to cover?
- Whether you received a previous travel grant from the DPS. If yes, in what year?
- What is the scientific significance of the research you are presenting?
- What is the benefit to you for receiving a grant at this time?
- A letter of recommendation from the student's advisor stating how the student would be helped by receipt of a Hartmann Student Travel Grant and explaining extenuating circumstances, if any.
- A CV for the student listing educational background, degree status, significant awards or accomplishments, and publications to date, if any.
Submitting Your Application
Your application must be transmitted as a single file in PDF format. Maximum page limit for the application is 5 total pages.
Email your application to: email@example.com
The subject line of the e-mail should read "DPS Travel Grant", and the name of the attached application file should include the last name of the applicant (e.g., "Smith_DPStravel.pdf").